Short And Stalky
We can’t stop singing its praises. CDC Minstrel is known for its short stature, strong straw and excellent harvestability. Together with high yields, it hits all the high notes for growers seeking improved returns and easy combining. Listen to your local buyer for milling opportunitites in your area.
- To-in-class lodging resistance
- Short stature, easy harvesting
- High yields; up to 107%* of the check
- Preferential variety of Avena Foods
CDC Minstrel is well suited to the western prairies including Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Info SheetDownload PDF
"Minstrel stands good and has good bushel weight. It has been a good consistent oat variety for us and our customers over the years."
- Kim Berscheid, Berscheid Bros Seeds, Lake Lenore SK
"Minstrel has been a superior variety for conventional growers in our area. Yields are better and straw is shorter, it has good acceptance by millers. Lodging and disease has not been a problem. Overall, Minstrel has proven to be a good fit for us and our customers."
- Brad, Wanda and Tenille Jones, C&E Farms Ltd., Wadena SK