A Serious Contender
It outyields its competitors. It’s short and hard to knock down. It takes on a defensive stance against crown rust; just the qualities you look for in a prize fighter. Now a favoured variety for all oat millers in the western prairies, CDC Ruffian is winning the fights for highest returns.
- Market leading yields; up to 114%* of the check
- Good standability, easy to harvest
- Short stature, good lodging resistance
- Intermediate for crown rust resistance
- Preferred market acceptance by all millers in the Western Prairies
CDC Ruffian is well suited to the western prairies including Alberta and Saskatchewan.
Info SheetDownload PDF
"CDC Ruffian is a very strong milling oat variety that performed extremely well on our farm. Short strong straw with very plump kernels and exceptional yields."
- Ken McDougall, McDougall Acres Ltd., Moose Jaw SK
"CDC Ruffian has exceeded our expectations in the last couple years under varying weather conditions as to yields, standability and quality. That is why for a milling oat choice I recommend CDC Ruffian to our customers."
- Daryn Woods, Ferndale Farms Partnership, Rocanville SK
" We sold a couple super B's of CDC Ruffian last year to some of our customers and they loved it. They loved the shorter straw as they were able to push their fertility and come out with higher yields without sacrificing their quality."
- Braden Beaven, Lake Country Co-op, Whitestar Location