The Next Step In Hybrid Fall Rye
KWS Bono yields up to 138%* of the checks and that’s without additional fertilizer. It also has the hybrid advantage for improved grain quality for milling, distilling, fuel and feed. KWS Bono is truly the next step to achieving the highest returns in rye for grain production.
- Market-leading yields; up to 138%* of Hazlet
- Very good lodging resistance
- Short stature, easy to harvest
- Uniform maturity and consistent sample
- High falling numbers for milling
- Excellent for livestock feed and ethanol
*2019 Alberta Seed Guide
KWS Bono hybrid fall rye is well suited to all the regions in Canada.
Info SheetDownload PDF
Hybrid Fall Rye Production
"KWS Bono hybrid fall rye is the market leader in cereal yields. What's more, KWS Bono provides the highest returns per acre resulting in the lowest cereal feed cost on a per acre basis. Studies in Canada and around the world show hybrid fall rye is an excellent feed source for swine; cost effective ingredient, similar average daily gain and feed intake, improved herd health from high dietary fibre and fructane levels and improved carcass quality from less and firmer backfat."
- Herman Wehrle, PAg., Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.
"We are really happy with its winter hardiness and standability. The KWS Bono was shorter than the Brasetto and was great to straight cut. The yields last year was 118 bushels per acre with good falling numbers. We are quite happy with the KWS Bono in our rotation."
- David Hamblin, Red River Seeds Ltd., Morris MB
"Hybridization in rye is a major step forward in rye genetics in Western Canada. The yield potential from hybrid varieties like KWS Bono appears to be very high given decent conditions. A major step in yields potential is what rye needs to be a competitive cereal."
- Lee Moats, PAg,. Riceton SK