A New Generation For Rye Production
Brasetto is Canada’s first hybrid fall rye and it’s certainly not your gradfather’s rye. This rye yields a whopping 123%* of the conventional checks and has exceptional lodging resistance. Taken together, it all contributes to improved grain uniformity; quality desired for milling, distilling, ethanol and feed.
- Top-in-class yield; up to 123%* of Hazlet
- Very good lodging resistance
- Short stature, easy to harvest
- Uniform maturity and consistent sample
- High falling numbers for improved milling
- High forage yields for silage
Brasetto hybrid fall rye is well suited to all the regions in Canada.
Info SheetDownload PDF
2018 Hybrid Fall Rye Production Guide: Download PDF
"Brasetto is a very high yielding, winter hardy fall rye that is widely adapted. Its high falling number will be of special interest in the food market."
- Andres Gordillo, RT209 Request for Support, Prairie Recommending Committee for Wheat, Rye and Triticale
" Brasetto is a dense and compact hybrid. This makes Brasetto an ideal forage product. The high yields of Brasetto make it a superior yielding cereal silage."
Herman Wehrle, P.Ag, Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.