The Ergot Fighter
KWS Gatano is a hybrid fall rye that brings a superior increase in yield that traditional rye growers are not accustom to. This hybrid has enhanced Ergot resistance making it an outstanding product for the food, feed and fuel markets.
- Consistent yields; 132%* of Hazlet
- Enhanced Ergot resistance
- Contains the KWS PollenPlus® trait
- High falling numbers for milling
- Low Ergot for livestock feeders
KWS Gatano hybrid fall rye is well suited to all the regions in Canada.
Info SheetDownload PDF
Hybrid Fall Rye Production2019 Hybrid Fall Rye Production Guide Cultivation systems of hybrid rye and crop rotation
"I grew Gatano on my farm last year and was very impressed with how it stood and harvested. With high yields and the lower ergot count in my samples it's a good testament to the Ergot resistance Gatano offers. I grew Gatano and Bono again this year and I am looking forward to my best yields yet.
- Allan Caners, Fisher Branch, MB
"Gatano hybrid rye is everything previous hybrid rye has to offer in strong yield potential, improvements in stand and uniformity and quality characteristics. Plus the added benefit of less Ergot."
- Nathan Nieboer, Quattro Seeds, Bow Island, AB
"We are very excited to bring KWS Gatano to the rye market. With its market leading ergot resistance, use in seed and food will just get easier."
- Herman Wehrle PAg., Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.
"KWS Gatano is #1 in Ergot resistance. It has exceptional tiller capacity and works very well when planted early. Best results are expected when seeding as soon as average ground temperatures drop to 15°C and at slightly lower seeding rates of 0.6 to 0.8 units per acre. KWS Gatano also has the lowest score for rust and mildew of our KWS hybrids."
- Claus Nymand, Product Manager Hybrid Rye, USA and Canada, KWS