The Ergot Fighter
KWS Gatano is a new high yielding hybrid fall rye with markedly improved ergot resistance. It yields 124%* of Hazlet and expresses 50% less ergot than other rye hybrids in registration trials. It is also known for its shorter hybrid structure, making harvesting a breeze. Put this together and you have an outstanding product for the food, feed and fuel markets.
In 2018, FP Genetics will be offering farm customers a trial early order hybrid fall rye offer.
Buy 10 units seed, get 1 unit seed free.
Trial Offer Details:
- Grower orders FP Genetics KWS Bono or KWS Gatano hybrid fall rye seed from their participating FP Genetics retailer by August 10, 2018.
- Grower takes delivery of seed by September 15, 2018.
- Grower receives 1 free unit seed for every 10 units seed purchased from their participating FP Genetics retailer.
Hybrid Fall Rye Is The Most Profitable Cereal Crop – learn more: Download PDF
- Market leading hybrid yields; 124%* of Hazlet
- Superior ergot resistance
- 50% less ergot than competing rye products
- Contains the KWS PollenPlus trait
- Short straw, stands well and easy to harvest
- High falling numbers for milling
- Excellent for livestock feed
Download PDF – Hybrid Fall Rye in Swine Diets *Source: 2018 Alberta Seed Guide
KWS Gatano hybrid fall rye is well suited to all the regions in Canada.
Info SheetDownload PDF
2018 Hybrid Fall Rye Production Guide: Download PDF
"We are very excited to bring KWS Gatano to the rye market. With its market leading ergot resistance, use in seed and food will just get easier."
- Herman Wehrle PAg., Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.
"KWS Gatano is #1 in ergot resistance. It has exceptional tiller capacity and works very well when planted early. Best results are expected when seeding as soon as average ground temperatures drop to 15°C and at slightly lower seeding rates of 0.6 to 0.8 units per acre. KWS Gatano also has the lowest score for rust and mildew of our KWS hybrids."
- Claus Nymand, Product Manager Hybrid Rye, USA and Canada, KWS