The Ergot Fighter
KWS Gatano is a new high yielding hybrid fall rye with markedly improved ergot resistance. It yields 132%* of Hazlet and expresses 50% less ergot than other rye hybrids in registration trials. It is also known for its shorter hybrid structure, making harvesting a breeze. Put this together and you have an outstanding product for the food, feed and fuel markets.
- Market leading hybrid yields; 132%* of Hazlet
- Superior ergot resistance
- 50% less ergot than competing rye products
- Contains the KWS® PollenPlus trait
- Short straw, stands well and easy to harvest
- High falling numbers for milling
- Excellent for livestock feed
KWS Gatano hybrid fall rye is well suited to all the regions in Canada.
Info SheetDownload PDF
Hybrid Fall Rye Production2019 Hybrid Fall Rye Production Guide Cultivation systems of hybrid rye and crop rotation
Hybrid Fall Rye Swine Feeding ResearchPractical experience with rye in pig feeding in Canada Hybrid rye replacing wheat grain for hogs Hybrid rye for gestating and lactating sows Specific properties of rye potentials and benefits in swine feeding & pork production Pig feeding study on farm level in respect to Salmonella and boar taint reduction
"We are very excited to bring KWS Gatano to the rye market. With its market leading ergot resistance, use in seed and food will just get easier."
- Herman Wehrle PAg., Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.
"KWS Gatano is #1 in ergot resistance. It has exceptional tiller capacity and works very well when planted early. Best results are expected when seeding as soon as average ground temperatures drop to 15°C and at slightly lower seeding rates of 0.6 to 0.8 units per acre. KWS Gatano also has the lowest score for rust and mildew of our KWS hybrids."
- Claus Nymand, Product Manager Hybrid Rye, USA and Canada, KWS