The Ergot Fighter
KWS Gatano is a new high yielding hybrid fall rye with markedly improved ergot resistance. It yields 126%* of Hazlet and expresses 50% less ergot than other rye varieties and hybrids in registration trials. It is also known for its shorter hybrid structure making harvesting a breeze. Put this together and you have an outstanding product for the feed and food market.
- Market leading hybrid yields; 126%* of Hazlet
- Superior ergot resistance
- 50% less ergot than competing rye products
- Contains the KWS PollenPlus gene
- Short hybrid straw
- Easy to harvest
- Higher falling numbers than conventional rye which is preferred by millers
KWS Gatano hybrid fall rye is well suited to the entire western prairies
Info SheetDownload PDF
"We are very excited to bring KWS Gatano to the rye market. With its market leading ergot resistance, use in seed and food will just get easier."
- Herman Wehrle PAg., Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.
"KWS Gatano is #1 in ergot resistance. It has exceptional tiller capacity and works very well when planted early. Best results are expected when seeding as soon as average ground temperatures drop to 15°C and at slightly lower seeding rates of 0.6 to 0.8 units per acre. KWS Gatano also has the lowest score for rust and mildew of our KWS hybrids."
- Claus Nymand, Product Manager Hybrid Rye, USA and Canada, KWS