Seeding For Gold
AAC Goldrush is a next generation, high yielding CWRW with excellent winter hardiness. It comes with good standability and strong rust resistance, and is rated intermediate to fusarium head blight (FHB).
- Very high yielding; 111% of CDC Buteo
- Excellent winter hardiness
- Strong straw and medium height
- Strong disease package
- Resistant to leaf rust, moderately resistant to stem rust
- Intermediate to FHB and stripe rust
CDC Falcon/CDC Osprey//Crimson/CDC Falcon
AAC Goldrush is suited to all growing regions of Western Canada.
Info SheetDownload PDF
"AAC Goldrush had very good winter survivability through some very tough conditions in the two seasons we have grown it through the Fall/Spring of 2016/17 and 2017/18. This is extremely important when growing winter wheat in southern Saskatchewan where snow cover can be variable and spring moisture scarce. I have only combined one crop so far but was impressed with the yield and HVK (hard vitreous kernels) of the seed. I hope it becomes a very successful variety for southern Saskatchewan farmers."
- Nicholas Petruic, Avonlea SK
"AAC Goldrush is being launched for growers that are looking for a CWRW variety with high yields, a strong disease package and excellent standability. To date, it has been reported that this product is showing very good winter hardiness which is a compelling feature for any winter wheat."
- Herman Wehrle PAg., Director of Market Development, FP Genetics Inc.